[Chugalug] Android tablets

Phil Sieg phil.sieg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:27:07 UTC 2012

Dave,

Actually my assumption is based on other factors:

1. GSM phones make migrating from carrier to carrier easier, even if
the devices are initially locked. This would have forced "unlocking"
into the mainstream much more quickly, as there is a lot less
incentive to "unlock" a CDMA device as it has to be programmed at the
"store" to be operable on the network. This alone forces the price of
service, and handsets down.

2. Everyone using GSM tower tech would mean much more crossover
roaming and reciprocal agreements which results in outstanding
coverage for the customer, at least it has in the rest of the world.

3. "Pay as you go" would have developed much more rapidly in a GSM
only marketplace, and that has been the single largest factor in
driving subscriber costs down.

THOSE are the factors I was considering and they are based on my
experiences elsewhere in the world, and marginally on my experience as
a cellular service provider.

Sent from my iPad