[Chugalug] Android tablets

John Aldrich mrmaxx at spamcop.net
Sat Oct 13 16:25:35 UTC 2012

On Sat October 13 2012 11:06:50 AM Phil Sieg wrote:

John,

I was a Verizon customer for a LONG LONG TIME.

I have traveled everywhere as an AT&T customer and I will say that my service
has been as good as Verizon's everywhere (including rural areas). Most of the
negative hype about AT&T's service was VERY good marketing by Verizon. The
only caveat is that my AT&T service takes a hit ONLY in very dense urban
situations (CES Las Vegas, occasional sporting events in Chicago, and other
high density events). I have NEVER experienced poor service in and around
Chattanooga, Atlanta, Knoxville, Birmingham, Nashville etc...

I am NOT a paid representative for AT&T, in fact I hate the bastards, but I
hate Verizon more for many reasons. My biggest beef with Verizon and Sprint is
that they use CDMA Technology, which has a lot to do with USA's slow market
evolution compared to other countries. Service prices would now be HALF what
they are if ALL USA service providers had always been GSM. Don't even get me
started on how long it took us to get cool phones!!!

Phil, I have tried all the major carriers except AT&T. I found that, in
certain areas, such as Ellijay where I used to work, I had cell service where
my friends/co-workers who used AT&T did not. THAT is why I am not going to
switch to AT&T any time soon for my cell. I might switch to them from T-Mobile
for tablet, as Verizon's mobile data plans suck, but again, based on
experience, I have had the best service from Verizon. I've used Powertel (now
T-Mobile), Sprint/Nextel and Verizon. Of those, only Verizon has had the most
reliable service. I see your point about CDMA vs GSM, but unless/until such
time as Verizon switches over, we're going to have to have split service.