[Chugalug] Android tablets

John Aldrich mrmaxx at spamcop.net
Sat Oct 13 14:38:49 UTC 2012

On Fri October 12 2012 4:21:53 PM Phil Sieg wrote:

John,

1. Get an android phone (if you don't have one).

2. Get a Straightalk SIM http://www.straighttalk.com/shopsims

3. Get their unlimited Talk & Text & Data plan for $45 a month (my wife is on
this with iPhone 4s and it ROCKS).

4. Root Your android phone and make it a hotspot.

5. Share data with your wifi only tablet (this is how I tether to my iPad)

Done.

Great deal, involves a linux variant and minor hacking. Totally list
appropriate.

Thanks for the info, Phil. I'll keep that in mind. However, I'm reluctant to
buy and carry yet ANOTHER phone, and I'm happy with the Verizon service I get
on my plain ol' cell phone. AT&T service tends to suck compared to Verizon.
However, as you pointed out, T-Mobile service sucks even worse, so I may have
to go with a pre-paid SIM. I wonder if my Streak could run on AT&T network?
Hmm... have to go to the AT&T store and see. :D