[Chugalug] Jelly bean

C A basic2point0 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 23:34:05 UTC 2012

Do these tablets run JellyBean, or at least ICS? Most of the ones I see run
Froyo and if you're lucky, they run Gingerbread. Not a lot of software
supports Froyo anymore. Gingerbread is starting to be phased out. I'd love
to take a look at some of those ones you mention though. Although I look
around a lot, I'm limited to what my company gives me, which are cheap
tablets @ 800 Mhz to 1 Ghz, limited RAM and old technology. These are
unfortunately the newest offered by the cheap manufacturers.
I bought the Nexus out of my own pocket.

The specs on a Nexus 7 are Tegra 3 chipset, quad core Cortex A9 @ 1.2 Ghz,
1 GB ram, 12-core Nvidia GeForce GPU, 1280x800 screen resolution, Android
4.1

A dual core for half as much is reasonable and makes sense as its a dual
core vs quad. The original argument, though, was a $60 tablet that offered
more than a $200 tablet and I haven't been able to find one of those so
far. I'll admit, that it would be great to find a $60 tablet that offered
as much as the Nexus in terms of hardware, performance and software, but so
far, I haven't seen one.