[Chugalug] Jelly bean

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 22:27:28 UTC 2012

No, it's actually not cheaper.  Not when the tablet that will support
future upgrades costs more than twice the one you will replace next year.
 Especially when you consider (a) inflation (b) dropping prices of tech,
specifically tablets (c) you will still have or can sell the old tablet
when you get the new one.

It reminds me of a friend who bought a $75 watch while we were both in
college.  I was floored.  But, he said, it will last me for years.  I told
him I could buy a new watch every year for the rest of my life and not
spend $75.  (They sell watches at the Dollar Tree.)

I'm not saying there's no reason to pay for quality.  There certainly is in
some cases.  But there is also the law of diminishing returns.  Especially
when the cheaper option comes with more "bells and whistles" than the
expensive name brand ones.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would buy a $600 tablet -
ever.  I could get 10 tablets for that.

*- Chad W. Smith*