[Chugalug] Android tablets

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 15:35:04 UTC 2012

So, after reading this thread on Jelly Bean, I'm tempted to go out and
buy a new tablet that's got Jelly Bean. Anyone know a decent tablet
that *will* use Mobile Data, but doesn't require a contract? The thing
I like about my Dell Streak is that I'm using T-Mobile's "pay as you
go" service and if something happens (like I get laid off or
something) I can just not pay next month and I'm not going to get hit
with a huge cancellation fee. OTOH, I still have access to data
on-the-go, even if I'm not near an open Wi-Fi hotspot.

I would love to find a tablet that has the latest version of Android,
has mobile data service and does not require a contract, and all for a
decent price (<$200)