[Chugalug] Jelly bean

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 15:20:33 UTC 2012

And a side note - I love it when people justify the lack of features on a
device - be it an Apple fanboy justifying the lack of Flash on iOS, or the
lack of a flash on the iPhone camera, or expandable storage or HDMI out on
any iOS device... Or a Linux fanboy explaining why it is better for
application installation to be difficult and confusing.

The fact is, someone suggested that the Nexus should be the "go to device"
for everyone.

No - it shouldn't.  And I have listed reasons why.

You may not need those features - but others do.  There are things the
Nexus 7 doesn't have that other devices do have.  Both devices that cost
the same amount and have just as much Western Big Name support behind them,
and devices that cost a lot less but don't have the sense of security of
being associated with an easy-to-pronounce name brand.

Not to mention devices that have the Western backing and more features and
cost more.

Choice is good.  And there are plenty of reasons to choose other devices
than the Nexus.

*- Chad W. Smith*