[Chugalug] Jelly bean

C A basic2point0 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 05:45:00 UTC 2012

Those really cheap tablets rarely come with all (or most) of those
features. They also come with an extremely butchered version of Android and
they can't usually be upgraded to a newer version due to the old technology
they are built with.

Nook and Kindle use a very bad interface for people who are used to
smartphones or the default UI of Android. Very few tablets have rear facing
cameras - they're tablets, not phones, they're made for a different purpose
and because of their larger size, they're not exactly something that you
lug around just to take pictures.

Expandable memory is not that big of a deal anymore, since most mobile
users have already moved on to cloud based storage. It's cheap, its
convenient, it doesn't need to be removed or connected to another machine
everytime you need to transfer files. It also doesn't wear out after a
limited amount of read/write cycles.

A lot of cheap tablets don't include HDMI out (or video out of any kind).
Because they're tablets. And they're cheap. People don't buy a cheap tablet
to output video, they buy it as a novelty because its cheap.

OTG USB is not supported by a lot of devices, because no one wants to write
or include the drivers. I'm not really sure why that is, as it would be
useful. However, with the Nexus 7 running a more pure form of Android than
a Kindle, Nook or Chinese knock-off, you'll have a better chance of making
that happen.

If it helps, I have a stack of 43 tablets of various sizes and
manufacturers, some popular brands and some extremely cheap ones,  that I
actually looked over before replying.