[Chugalug] Lovin' Linux 2

Billy flushy at flushy.net
Thu Oct 11 01:16:38 UTC 2012

SSD drives make GREAT external USB drives.

I need to use my toes and hands to count the number of external USB drives that have crapped out over the years.

Only my 500G hitachi SimpleTough has lasted over 5 years with at least 3 years of Home->work->home daily carrying.

However, a cheap (relatively) ssd drive in a usb3 enclosure beats the socks off any USB stick. I have a 60gb ocz in a cheap 1.8" aluminum usb3 enclosure, and I can plug it in and have it feel like a local HDD -- I used to have a full mirror of one of my systems.

Plus it doesn't care if you accidentally drop it on concrete from a 3' desk...

Sent from my iPhone