[Chugalug] UTC Linux Job posting

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Oct 9 22:14:06 UTC 2012

> I've had qualified candidates filtered out, but even worse...  had UNQUALIFIED
> candidates HIRED w/o my approval!

The problem the world faces is the attempt to create idiot proof "3 ring
binder"/wiki procedures for everything in a world where they keep creating
better idiots.

If Ed applied for a job, and the average HR type saw him drive into the
parking lot, they'd lock the doors of the building and turn off the
lights.

HR. Dept. Scene 1:
-----------------------------

HR Weenie (Liberal arts major, flunked psychology twice):

Some guy with a bad haircut just drove up in a 1970's Chevy Wagon with old
computers hanging out the back.. I swear the bumper stickers
said: "My Wang does Wonders" and "IBM = Itsy Bitsy Minds".
He was wearing a weird knock off Munsingwear polo short with a funny
looking pengun on it. He scared us. We told him the job had been filled.
He demanded to fill out an application. Look, under "Sex" he
wrote: Unix.. He couldn't even spell Eunuch correctly.
He listed some foreigner: "Linus Torvalds" as a reference.

Boss/CIO:

Idiots, that sounds like just what I was looking for.