[Chugalug] Could the maker movement become the Maker Party?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Oct 8 18:59:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Rod-Lists wrote:
> He also said the earth is 9,000 years old. And like Todd Akin is on the House Science Committee.

The U.S. is a lot like some of our islamic/muslim neighbors in that the
people with a religious axe to grind are very involved in politics.
In the U.S. this was a major theme of the "700 Club" TV show and related
"news networks".

The real answer isn't to form a splinter party based on one
theme/meme/plank (makers/foss/crypto.. etc...) but to get involved with
and make small (yet important) changes to the parties and people currently
and soon to be in power.

Tweak the status quo a little, every single day. Change happens.