[Chugalug] Could the maker movement become the Maker Party?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Oct 8 18:52:30 UTC 2012

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Dan Lyke wrote:
> Further, I spent last year doing research for FHWA reports, and I'm
> fairly well convinced at this point that much of the money spent by the
> federal government on "research" is piddled away on Berkely PhDs who
> don't have the critical thinking skills necessary to escape from a
> paper bag and who are chasing bizarre and easily disproved theories.

Spewing coffee.. and cheering Hallalujah!

After spending a day recently at UTC (Smart Grid Workshop) and watching
PhD engineers with bad Engrish read crowded powerpoint slides verbatim I
did a lot of thinking to myself: Those that can not do (and get paid
really well for doing) end up teaching. Sad, we need our best teaching..
so students can be even better than their teachers.