[Chugalug] Could the maker movement become the Maker Party?

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:30:29 UTC 2012

Politics can never based on principles unless everyone shares the same
principles. Since we don't politics is based on compromise. What we are
seeing with the Tea Party is an attempt to impose one set of principles on
everyone and the basic mechanism of politics, compromise, is treated as an
evil.

If you want to make a difference in politics, help unseat Paul Broun in
Georgia District 10. Broun is the House Science Committee member who
recently said in a speech:

“All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big
Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell. And it’s lies
to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding
that they need a savior.”

On his website, he lays out how he decides each vote he makes:

1) Is it Right/Moral?
2) Is it Constitutional?
3) Is it Necessary?
4) Is it Affordable?

So every vote he makes, his first consideration is "does this fit my
personal belief system?" then he takes on the role of the Supreme Court by
evaluating the constitutionality of each vote.

-Eric