[Chugalug] Anyone playing with Linux based home automation?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Oct 8 15:06:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Jason Brown wrote:
> If he has more of those cameras, I will take 8 or so ;)

I have dibs.. I may need one more, then you can have the rest.

They are a little older that the current generation, but sold not long ago
for more than $2k each.

Mine is an odd beast, 24vac power, and selectable (dip switch) protocols
for camera control including some "standards" I'd never heard of. First I
need a 50watt capable 24vac transformer... and then some time to see if I
can control the rotation, tilt, zoom, etc.. from a Linux system without
special software. These seems to be some Linux support from DVTEL
but buried into some commercial products offerings.

On the good side, I needed something a little different from my normal
fare to chew on.. Cooler weather is approaching.. Need to clean out my
garage so I can play there instead of the kichen table.