[Chugalug] SMS hosted API recommendations?

Dustin Salter dlsalter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 02:59:55 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Dan Lyke <danlyke at flutterby.com> wrote:

> I'm looking at an app that could benefit from an SMS interface. Some of

Kannel.org may work and supports WAP push if that is something you need.
Haven't used it outside of a lab.

NowSMS - runs on Windows and is a simple SMS Gateway, we actually use it in
a production environment.

Depending on how you want to set this up/budget Verizon or AT&T can
communicate via VPN to their backend SMS services and provide all of the
short code glory you may want/need.

Ultimately, with Kannel you could implement on a single 1U box and put in
some data center since you technically do not need a leased line service or
anything to communicate to the providers back-end. - Using OpenVPN or some
variant to tunnel back to VZ or AT&T.

ds