[Chugalug] Whats the best way to move up in IT field?

Jonathan Burishkin jburishkin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 23:12:40 UTC 2012

The company I work for is going to pay for training. Probably an Associates
Degree.
I will be taking this degree:
http://catalog.daltonstate.edu/associatedegree/compnetworkservicetech/

A little rant about my job:
My co worker always complains about everything and sometimes tryes not to
do the work the IT manager gives him. He screws up things often and I have
to solve problems for him. Its kind-of annoying, but I think the IT
Director and IT Manager and Networking guy are starting to realize how he
is. Of course the Networking guy does not take credit for anything unless
its good even-though its obviously his fault and if something is not
working right and I tell him its the switch or something like that he
usually does not want to believe me, but I have been correct in every
instance as he is not very thorough.

A little glorification about my job:
It is very laid back. We are not micromanaged at all. Sometimes I have too
much free time and other times we are swamped so it makes it nice.
I have time to do my own 3D piddling in Blender.
I have room to use Linux in certain areas as the Network guy and IT manager
and server guy are Windows only guys, but they are willing to let me do my
Linux thing.
I live close enough to go home for my hour lunch break.
The IT Director does a good job.

--
Jonathan Burishkin
706.876.8414