[Chugalug] Whats the best way to move up in IT field?

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:20:29 UTC 2012

> Having held an "architect" title, I just may be insulted by that.  Of

I was "Web Architect" at BCBST for a stint around 99 and then "E-Commerce
Architect" at Q-Debit until the bubble burst. My job at BCBST was primarily
to attend meetings as the token geek and explain what parts of the latest
sales pitch wouldn't work (BS) and how we could do something cheaper and
easier in-house. Most of the time I was ignored. I left before too many of
these half-baked technologies became my responsibility. At Q-Debit, my job
was mainly trying to work out how to get clients' systems talking to ours
and making sure we didn't send too much money to the wrong accounts.
Unfortunately, I was never smart enough to make sure the "wrong account"
happened to be my own. ;)

-Eric