[Chugalug] Whats the best way to move up in IT field?

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 19:34:06 UTC 2012

The sys admin equivalent is the "Systems Architect"... Maybe the spectrum
extends from "BOFH" at the low end to "Archi-Dude in the Cloud(s)".

In the Federal Government, one's ability to position oneself in the right
project and take credit at the right time determines one's promotion
capacity. And if you get the right promotion at the right time, you may
land a fast track series of promotions once people start realizing that you
are totally incompetent and the only way to get rid of you is to promote
you away.

-Eric