[Chugalug] EPB articles at timesfreepress.com

Aaron welch n2nightfall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:06:16 UTC 2012

Metronet happend.  I know because I actually built it.  Bellsouth (now AT&T
again), EPB, and the city pulled the plug after there was an uproar about
unfair competition.  It sucked having to pull all that gear out of the
colos and watch it sit until it was recycled and this was 10 years ago.

-AW

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM, David Snyder <davids at volstate.net> wrote:

> I remember well those days.  Do you recall the original 'Chattanooga
> Metronet"?  That is how EPB originally conned local service providers to
> support their network.  It was supposed to be a transport layer only for
> the benefit of all.  My how the "vision" has changed.  VOLstate was a
> "charter member" of that project that never happened as advertised.

Aaron Welch
Chief Mechanic @ Geek Ventures
423-505-9999
n2nightfall at gmail.com