[Chugalug] EPB articles at timesfreepress.com

David Snyder davids at volstate.net
Thu Oct 4 13:56:50 UTC 2012

So did I.  BTW, their rate of $9000 per month is actually higher than private market prices for a “gig”.

We also have been asking EPB to “open” their network to us.  We want to provide our services over their publicly owned fiber network.  The idea is that my company would interconnect with EPB and utilize them for “loops”, not even using their bandwidth to deliver services.  We would sell the EPB loops at full retail small business rates.  So far, that idea has not gotten anywhere in over 2 years.  EPB is not only wasting Chattanooga’s dollars on this network, they are also not even trying to be “open”.   This is Government competition with small business – they are NOT small business friendly as they would prefer that small service providers go away.