[Chugalug] new blog post - Could the Girl Scouts design their own Linux computer?

Bret McHone dbmchone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 20:11:39 UTC 2012

"Can three million minds design an awesome computer? Most assuredly yes" is
equivalent to the thought that millions of monkeys in a room with
typewriters can make a masterpeice novel.

Not trying to troll or flame, just sayin you may want to look at a
different angle on your thought process here and consider the minds you are
referring to.. Out of all those people how many would be technically savvy?
Of those, how many would know what linux is? Of those, how many could
program? How many could design hardware? How many would be willing to
devote time to a project of that scale when it's typically just
extracurricular activities for their kids?

My wife was in the girl scouts and the most they ever did other than fund
raising was watch videos on becoming an adult and the occasional
"sleepover". After a year or two of that she quit and dedicated her time
elsewhere.

I could see them distributing small flash drives with advertisement
materials on them or something like that if you buy X amount of cookies,
but that's about it..

-B