[Chugalug] What do you guys think of this article

William Wade willm.wade at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 20:50:02 UTC 2012

I use the nvidia drivers (which Valve has been pushing to get much better)
and most have been celebrating Steam for Linux, which is basically the same.

I do think that proprietary will remain marginalized in Linux.

I would however like to see more proprietary to open source models. A
software project that starts proprietary (perhaps pay what you want with a
minimum?) and says that when they hit $X,XXX it will be open sourced. Be
nice if the ubuntu software center made it easy to tip/flattr/buy a beer
for OSS projects.

I like bounty systems for OSS as well. Sort of like kickstarter projects,
but smaller features. Perhaps even a "I will donate $50 to the EFF if
someone adds this feature" setup.