[Chugalug] Free Electronics Shred and Recycling Day at Orange Grove?

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 26 15:43:45 UTC 2012

Stephen: are you gonna be at the lawyer thang tomorrow night?  I am planning on
being there.  I could bring the alpha400.  I dug it out and booted it up this
weekend... has 128mb and boots into tru64 unix.  I think I tried installing
openVMS on it once, a long time ago, but seems like openvms needed more than
128mb ram and I didn't feel like fooling with it (already had openvms installed
on the big alpha anyway).  Wanna trade for the OLPC? does it have working
network?

the guy who wanted the nintendo and sega consoles...   you gonna be at the
lawyer thang?   I'll bring the consoles.  I haven't gotten around to testing
them yet so I don't know if they work (bought them at yard sales a long time ago
and never plugged them up).

Rod:  still looking for your cardbus nics.  No I haven't forgot.  Just haven't
found them yet.  I think they are in one of my 13 storage tubs and unfortunately
the first tub I opened this weekend contained a Speak 'n Spell, and once I found
that, my productivity went to hell.

Have two sparcstation 2 and one ultra1:  first come first serve.   no drives, no
keyboards, no mice.  the ss2's both have bad idprom/nvram and the ultra1
apparently has bad psu.   anyone interested?  if all you want is the case then
let me know if its ok with you I'll keep the mobos from the ss2's for parts for
my "keeper" ss2 (which also has bad idprom/nvram...  hmmm, I wonder if these
ss2's would still be alive if I had booted them up more often than once every 5
years?)