[Chugalug] The love affair is over and the mistress is dead... (my broken Nokia N900)

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Mon Nov 19 13:17:50 UTC 2012

I wish I had a Linux phone (and I may hack my Samsung Note in the future),
but as it is, Android is as good as it gets...

I ditched Nokia (and my N900) after they shacked up with the witch of
Seattle, but the device was in work order before I mothballed it.

I turned it ON a couple of days ago looking for ALL my Alaska phone numbers
and...
The screen is dead...   :(

I know that she is alive because the keyboard lits up and she still moans
when rubbed, but no display.
Good thing that I rsync(ed) the whole thing before switching it OFF and I
was able to find the DB files and recover my numbers.
Gutta luv Linux...

Question is:
Does anybody have an idea about what happened here?
Can I re-infuse some life to this fancy (and expensive) paper weight?
(I wanted to hack it too)

Can anybody in this list diagnose the illness?
I'm loving Android too, but it ain't Linux.
ET