[Chugalug] Percona vs. MySQL

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 08:32:04 UTC 2012

Managed to get decent performance by RAIDing the two instance storage
devices and using that for the database. I did some benchmarks and found
RAIDed instance storage to be two orders of magnitude faster than EBS. Not
as fast as the SSD-backed instances but fast enough.

The database app is simple enough not to need too much tweaking. But I will
push to change to Postgres ASAP.

-Eric