[Chugalug] cisco training groupon

David Ingram david at clevelandlibrary.org
Sun Nov 18 03:58:25 UTC 2012

For roughly the same price you can by the books (Cisco press books or the
Todd Lamle one) and learn that way. I would say it all depends on your
learning style. I've kept up my ccna for close to a decade and I never took
a class. But I prefer learning the hard way. Classes have their place but
there is no substitute for the process of discovering things on your own.

You will still need some type of lab/hands on experience as well which is
another expense. You could put together a lab of your own, see Wendell
Odom's blog posts about this, or you can rent rack time. Buying old gear
off ebay carefully can get the job done. I guess that will put you past the
99 mark though.

My 2.