[Chugalug] OT maybe, python and apache

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 19:50:20 UTC 2012

Garrett,

Not to sound snotty, but on my Windows 7 box, Python is in C:\Python26\bin,
C:\ArcGIS\Python25\bin, C:\Python27\bin (and probably a few other
places)... Not a single copy of Python is in C:\Program
Files\Python\python.exe... I also seem to have quite a number of programs
in C:\Windows, C:\Windows\System, C:\Windows\System32, C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
I know that in older versions of Windows, there was no System32 or SysWOW64.

Linux is no different. Stuff moves around. That's where things like
'locate' come in handy.

-Eric