[Chugalug] virtual swapmeet

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 17 04:11:57 UTC 2012

I've come to the realization that there is no way in hell I'm gonna be ready for
a physical swap meet tomorrow.   Its hard to plow thru a several hundred
computers collected over the last 10 years in just a few days.  The truth is, I
was doing pretty good about gathering up stuff to recycle/trade until I stopped
to play with my big Wang (I'm definitely keeping that computer, just so I can
say I have a big Wang).

So I'm going to focus on gathering up stuff for Monday's free recycle day at
OGRC.

I mentioned having some stuff that might be too cool/vintage/useful to send to
the boneyard.  Here's a partial list...

several sparcstations (1/2/5/10/20) and an ultra 1 and ultra 2
(I plan to pick one or two to keep and let the rest go)
sun enterprise 250
mac IIsi
mac lc575
mac lc580
pre-g3 powermac or two or three or twelve
alphaserver 400 4/233
sun gdm-20e20 monitor
hp9000 g50
ibm eduquest 45 or two
supermicro 1u server 2xPIII 866mhz 756mb ram
sgi purple indigo2
sgi scsi storage thingy
sgi indy
sgi o2
old game consoles (I think I have nes, snes, sega genesis), controllers, games
panasonic w1505a word processor (the missing link between typewriters and
computers!).   I have tried to trash that damn thing 20 times but it keeps
coming back.

Does any of the stuff above still work after sitting in my den for 10 years?
hellifino.  I will have to plug 'em up and see, and that takes time.   If anyone
sees something on the list that they lust after, let me know and I'll arrange my
testing sequence accordingly.  Oh, and let me know what you have for trade :)
I'm always looking for apple IIs, compact macs, mac parts (eg: mac plus
keyboard), parts for pc-jr (eg: a keyboard would be nice to have), commodore
stuff, coleco adam, stuff like that from early 80's (or older).  What I do NOT
want is intel/amd junk, 386 or higher.

Thank you, drive thru