[Chugalug] Netflix on Ubuntu is working now, and a PPA is coming soon!

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:39:36 UTC 2012

Garrett,
Unfortunately, Netflix uses Microsoft Silverlight because of "DRM policies"
they have in place.  MS refuses to release the source, or even contribute a
version of silverlight that includes DRM support to the Linux community.
 So, Netflix doesn't work on linux. People have been working to get
silverlight running under wine, but until recently havent had any luck, so
you will find a bunch if linux folks running VM's just to watch Netflix.