[Chugalug] editing xmp3 tags on Linux

Garrett Gaston garrett85 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 02:21:41 UTC 2012

Thanks, it worked great.

From: seabre986 at gmail.com
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:33:47 -0500
To: chugalug at chugalug.org
Subject: Re: [Chugalug] editing xmp3 tags on Linux

You can. The data is embedded in the mp3 files themselves. Pretty much any software that plays mp3s will at least edit the tags. Just an FYI: the protocol for the tag data is called ID3, and the version of the protocol that allows image data is version 2.

easytag is pretty good software that's dedicated to editing ID3 data on mp3s on Linux.