[Chugalug] editing xmp3 tags on Linux

Sean Brewer seabre986 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:33:47 UTC 2012

You can. The data is embedded in the mp3 files themselves. Pretty much any
software that plays mp3s will at least edit the tags. Just an FYI: the
protocol for the tag data is called ID3, and the version of the protocol
that allows image data is version 2.

easytag is pretty good software that's dedicated to editing ID3 data on
mp3s on Linux.