[Chugalug] Monitoring and Log collection suggestions please

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:12:57 UTC 2012

All,
I am collecting suggesting for what you folks use for monitoring and log
collection/alerting.  I have an environment of 100 or Linux, AIX and other
*NIX variants that I would like to monitor.

I have tried the GrayLog2 for log collection and searching, but I dunno if
I like it that much. I have also looked into LogStash as well.

I have also read mixed reviews on Nagios for monitoring, and I have kinda
looked at Zabbix and Zenoss.

What do you recommend? any products you like?