[Chugalug] Ubuntu on MacBook Pro

William Wade willm.wade at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:05:33 UTC 2012

I am dual booting with 12.10 on my MBP. I suggest using 12.10 if at all
possible as it fixes a stack of issues.

I have not trie to use my Thunderbolt/miniDV port yet, so no help there.

There are various battery issues with Linux on MBPs. It has gotten a lot
better. One tip I have yet to see elsewhere is that you want to go into
your audio settings and disable the HDMI audio. That will help a lot, but
the audio is still the biggest bug out there sucking up your battery (next
in line is the wifi). Some have had success with muting the mic when not in
use.

Wil