[Chugalug] OT maybe, python and apache

Garrett Gaston garrett85 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 16:51:28 UTC 2012

Dan, on the script you just sent me back:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/danlyke/websites/flutterby.net/cgi-bin/
	<Directory "/home/danlyke/websites/flutterby.net/cgi-bin">
		AllowOverride None
		Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all
	</Directory>

What file did you find this in? Looking through my /etc/apache2 directory I found several files with ScriptAlias, <Directory ..., and ExecCGI.
I ended up making copies (file.orig) of every file that contained ExecCGI & <Directory...> and editing the original by adding /home/var/www to
the <Directory... > field.
I see you have "ScriptAlias /cgi-bin" What exactly is that for? It appears to me to be a directory right under / but then you give another path
to cgi-bin far below your home directory. One last thing. You'll notice that I have the file name simple1.cgi, are you saying that it should
by .py?