[Chugalug] BFL Single

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 04:14:29 UTC 2012

Eric,
No offense intended on my offer.  I have been mining a long time, and
keeping up with the mining trends. I have some ASIC hardware (a few pieces
:) ) pre-ordered from BFL since the day the started taking pre-orders.  I
purchase mining hardware with a strict ROI figure in mind.

Theres a good chance the person you bought the single from replaced the fan
with a larger, higher CFM unit.  That seems to be the trend on the FPGAs
(especially folks using some of the beta firmwares BFL releases).

If you can sell that Single for $700 bucks on ebay, that might be the best
bet.  If I were you, I would try do a trade-in for an ASIC single, and just
find some way of mining the one you have until BFL asks you to send your
old one in.  They are giving full value on the trade even if you weren't
the original buyer.  Thats a sweet deal in itself. I'm not sure if you
heard, but they have "increased" the hash rate of the  SC singles to 60
GHash.
At the current difficulty and current MT. Gox prices, 850 MHash is netting
around $2.82 per day (about $85 per month). Theres a good chance you will
be able to mine the difference in trade in prices for one of their SC
Singles if you can bear the noise for a few months.
With BFL's new production lines they have been bragging about, and being
able to produce 500 units per day, the network is going to see some massive
increases in hashing power.