[Chugalug] BFL Single

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 02:22:09 UTC 2012

Eric,
The ASICs were first announced to be shipping late October, but that date
has slipped due to the chip manufacturers.  BFL is expecting to ship late
November, and they have promised to have every single pre-order up to Nov.
1st shipped by the end of December.  They have also stated they have paid
for a bullet run production of 20k chips, and they have their lines ready
to produce 500 units per day once they receive the chips.  So, within 45 to
60 days, the current BFL singles (FPGA) will be pretty much worthless as
anyone can pickup a Jalepeno for $149 that will hash at 5.5 times the speed
of the current FPGA singles.

So, once they hit the market, the old singles will essentially be worthless
since a jalapeno is multitudes faster, multitudes cheaper, runs silent, and
only consumes about 5 watts of power.

Your best bet is to just mine with the single you have now, try to recover
as much as you can from the purchase price you gave, and then once the
asics hit (which will skyrocket difficulty) turn off the old single since
the 800 mhash wont generate enough btc worth the electricity costs.

Thats why I am offering you the hosted solution.  If you are not happy with
the noise, I can mine with it on my current rig and give you some of the
profits.

Other than that, I can offer you about $150 bucks for it since thats about
all the money I will make in the 2 months before the insane difficulty rise
makes 800 mhash worthless. Not to mention we're only about 25-ish days away
from the block reward halving, which has the potential to reduce your
profits by 50%.