[Chugalug] Free maker event in the Washington DC-area in 10 days

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Thu Nov 8 16:00:45 UTC 2012

Hi chugalug community,

I'm one of the co-organizers of this upcoming free event at the MLK library in downtown DC in mid-November. In case you have any maker or open source friends in the DC/Baltimore area (young or old), thanks for helping to pass word to them about this event.

See

http://dclibrary.org/node/32824

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_2HE6ZBqUU

Also, if you know of any DC-area youth or adults with a creative bent -- who like to invent, build, make, craft or the like -- there are free exhibit tables available for them, too.

I'll be showing multiseat Fedora 17, which is so neat for the public to see and try up close. I have it installed on a donated Dell Dimension 3000 tower. Even on that older equipment, multiseat Fedora works well. I use two Plugable.com devices to create three stations from this one computer.

phil shapiro, public geek
takoma park maryland library

(Kindly note - I'm helping to organize this event as a volunteer. It's not part of my work duties at the Takoma Park Maryland Library -- where I help the public use 28 Linux stations.)

Phil Shapiro, pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
http://www.twitter.com/philshapiro
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/stories.menu.html