[Chugalug] A sign for the wall at Chatt*Lab

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Thu Nov 1 03:02:20 UTC 2012

I was thinking this evening this might make a good sign to put up on the wall
at Chatt*Lab. (In some form or other.)

We must beat our swords into ploughshares, our yachts into makerspaces.

Steve Jobs' yacht -- Paul Allen's yacht -- of what use are they? They're excessive.
They will one day rust and be scrapped. Makerspaces are alive. They don't rust --
they continually blossom, they continually bear fruit. We must value the blossom
over the rust.

Phil Shapiro, pshapiro at his.com

"Wisdom begins with wonder." - Socrates
"Learning happens thru gentleness."