[Chugalug] easter egg -> bodhi

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Thu Dec 27 12:01:05 UTC 2012

> Wow I clearly need a new computer. I want to try Bodhi Linux though.

I'm still liking it. I'm not sure I'd reccomend it for most people...
it's not as complete as a full Ubuntu install, but after a few hours
of installing things (like printer support, LibreOffice.. Document
Viewer..) it seems to work like I want a system to work. Windows work the
way I expect them to work on a real computer (and not like on a 7" tablet)
and it's handling multiple desktops and screens well using xrandr.

For example, on my laptop I have a shell I am manually editing that
currently looks like:

xrandr
xrandr --auto --output LVDS-1 --mode 1920x1080
#xrandr --auto --output VGA-1 --mode 1600x900 --right-of LVDS-1
#xrandr --auto --output VGA-1 --mode 1280x960 --left-of LVDS-1
#xrandr --auto --output VGA-1 --mode 1440x900 --right-of LVDS-1
xrandr --auto --output VGA-1 --mode 1920x1080 --right-of LVDS-1

There might be a GUI tool for this, but this is fast and easy for me.

I love right clicking on the desktop and having a short list of the
programs I run:

   xterm, firefox, evolution, skype

It's an infectious behavior and I go to other systems and miss it.
I also have similar options on the bottom of the screen, but I like the
'right click anywhere'

But most importantly, windows are behaving like windows again...

My biggest complaint: Hard to organize/manage files on the desktop.
I'm sure there is an elegant way somewhere, but I had not taken the time
to figure it out.