[Chugalug] i.t. budget should only be 5% to 10% of entire company budget????

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 20 03:30:52 UTC 2012

well maybe that's part of my problem, I don't know the definition of "I.T." lol

Everyone in our 3 "company" deals with the "customer"  (liason is the business
analyst lady located just down the hall (yeah, we don't have our own building
anymore, I guess we couldn't afford it, lol).   We handle 100% of the
programming and linux server admin, and now that the "parent company" has lost
its in-house networking/windows admin, I assume we'll be taking over that part
(we were already helping out with it if needed).  Oh and of course we do the
documenting, training, and support of the programs we deliver.  We are
old-school when it comes to software testing... everything we do is tested for
final approval and signoff by the business analyst on the client side.

So while I'm airing dirty laundry, I might as well say that one of our
"challenges" is that we are very often dealing with incomplete, moving-target
specs, because that how our client's clients roll, and we sure wouldn't want to
insult them by making them agree to a scope of work and change order requests,
oh no no no.  I was told that scrum was better than waterfall in this
environment.  *Communication* is the answer, not some stupid pigs/chicken
bullshit.

well my axe grinder wheel is getting dull so I will have to rest awhile, do
something fun like install slack14 on the ssd