[Chugalug] gedit vs geany

rdflowers base at chalice.us
Thu Dec 20 00:40:00 UTC 2012

Sure.
I hope this is adequately brief. I included a few lines for
illustrative purposes.

.fcs98yw Ferinand II Alfonsez ~1137
.fcs98yx Urraca of Portugal 1151
.fcs98yy Alfonso VIII Sanchez 11.18.1155
.fcs98yz Eleanor England 10.20.1162 -
.fcs98zw Aubrey/Alberic Dammartin 1135
.fcs98zx Maud Ponthieu 1138
.fcs98zy Guillaume 1179
.fcs98zz Alix ~1170
.fcs99ww Louis VIII 9.12.1187
.fcs99wx Blanche ~1185 -

.fcs9aww Renaud/Richard Carpentier ~1155 F-

.fcs9bww Louis VIII 9.12.1187
.fcs9bwx Blanche ~1185 -

.fcs9nww ((fcugaw, fcuh0w, 3180ew@, fcs8mw@, fcu0kw@, fcu0sw@,
fcu14w@, fcuikw@, fcuiqw@, fcujew@, 3180fxy, fco2rww, fcrrfww,
fcs98ww, fcs9nww, fcuizyw, fcujrm, fcs9ub@) Henry II "Curtmantle"
PLANTAGENET FitzEmpress K. Eng, Dk. Normandy 3.5.1132 Le Mans, Anjou -
7.8.1189 Chinon Cstl. FR
.fcs9nwx ((fcuh0x, 3180ew^, fcu0kw^, fcu0sw^, fcu14w^, fcuikw^,
fcuiqw^, fcujew^, 3180fxz, fco2rwx, fcrrfwx, fcs98wx, fcs9nwx)
Eleanor, Duchesse d'Aquitaine ~1122 - 3.31.1204
.fcs9oww ((fcugaw, fcuh0w, 3180ew@, fcs8mw@, fcu0kw@, fcu0sw@,
fcu14w@, fcuikw@, fcuiqw@, fcujew@, 3180fxy, fco2rww, fcrrfww,
fcs98ww, fcs9nww, fcuizyw, fcujrm, fcs9ub@) Henry II "Curtmantle"
PLANTAGENET FitzEmpress K. Eng, Dk. Normandy 3.5.1132 Le Mans, Anjou -
7.8.1189 Chinon Cstl. FR

For the first few lines, the file says that these people appear only
once. These people are all from generation 29, btw.

I would like to check to see if 1 is the correct number for them. They
are almost surely the same people as appear elsewhere.

The lines after that are people that I know appear more than once.
Henry II has a multiplicity of 18, according to this line, of which
this line is the 15th. Except for the .fcs9nww at the front, I would
like it to appear identically in all 18 places. I've been attempting
to store it that way. Obviously, this has become unworkable for me to
do with a text editor. Really, I guess, it should be stored only once,
at the lowest numbered occurance of that person. This Henry II line
would only contain a pointer to fcugaw, which would have all the
detailed information.

You will also see lines that end in ' -' (meaning I know neither of
their parents ), or in 'F-' (meaning I know their father but not their
mother) or in nothing special ( meaning I know both parents ). This is
only correct for 21 or 22 generations, and I wrote a python program to
help me deal with that.

It would be interesting to find out if regexes working on a line could
help me put relevant info into a data structure or a db maybe, until I
need it for comparison with later line.

If anyone is distressed by this topic being on the list, I'll stop.

----- Message from danlyke at flutterby.com ---------