[Chugalug] gedit vs geany

rdflowers base at chalice.us
Thu Dec 20 00:04:02 UTC 2012

I know. It just grew. It scales better than GED files or traditional
ancestor charts ( because of my wierd base-32 grow-on-the-right
numbers ). I still want it to display like that, but be stored in a
saner form.

Each person's father has a number exactly twice their own, and their
mother is one more than that. With my numbers, people that are closely
related ( by ancestry or by association to produce person #1 ), look
like they are related. All the ancestors of person f ( 101111 ) my
daughter's father's mother's mother's mother's mother ) will have a
number beginning with F; Her GGG grandfather FMMFF or 01100 will be
fc. When you get up into many generations, regular numbers ( 32
generations -- 4 billion or so ) become unworkable,not because of the
sheer size but because related don't look related at a glance.

The other wierdness is the '((' lines. When the same information
appears more than once, the two copies will differ. But, it worked for
a while ( about 20 or so of the 32 1/2 generations that I bother with).

----- Message from chevyiinova at bellsouth.net ---------