[Chugalug] gedit vs geany

rdflowers base at chalice.us
Wed Dec 19 18:44:06 UTC 2012

In the higher generations, there are inconsistencies. Some are:

For every person, the last character(s) can be '-', indicating we do
not know their parents, or 'F-', meaning we know the father but not
the mother, or (rarely) 'M-', meaning we know the mother but not the
father. In earlier/higher generations, these are often incorrect.

For ancestors who are in more than one line, '((' groups list ( in
each place where that person is ), all the numbers for that person. In
earlier/higher generations, every conceivable inconsistency exists.

Frequently, because different portions come from different sources, a
person could be the same person, and not recognized as such.

I have made reports for myself using rudimentary regexes. I can use it
to sort by /surname/ or select and sort on the '((' groups.

I made a Python program to go back and forth between ordinary positive
integers and mine, but I'd like to do that from Perl ( probably not a
regex thing, though ).

----- Message from kitepilot at kitepilot.com ---------