[Chugalug] gedit vs geany

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:20:02 UTC 2012

To help learn vim it ships with a teaching aid, vimtutor, that teaching the
basics (quiting, saving, movement via hjkl, moving by jumping, find, find
and replace) as well as some more advanced, and very useful, actions (jump
forward/backwards x number of words, jump to end of line, jump
to beginning of line, jump to the first character on the line) etc.  There
is also a browser based game to help learn how to use vim (
http://vim-adventures.com/), they have the first level free to play then it
is about $10 for the rest of the levels