[Chugalug] gedit vs geany

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed Dec 19 10:15:45 UTC 2012

Dan Dumped:
> I'm not a vim fan, but I've found it quite worthwhile to learn the
> basics of getting around in vi, because often that's the only editor
> available on a platform. Especially if you're doing embedded work, or
> admin stuff on machines run by total bastards (and if you've hung out
> with many sysops, you know that's most of them).

Even I can do the basics in vi/vim, it's worth learning to use it to be
able to edit /etc/resolv.conf or other files on a bare bones systems.

> (And, yes, that tool comes up because I've been using one to shape an
> electric guitar body; it scares the crap out of the teenager I'm
> building this beast with, but has such amazing capabilities in the
> right hands...)

THAT's how you got those nice curves! Awesome!
http://www.flutterby.net/Image:2012-12-16GuitarBodyMostlyShaped.jpg

There is something about working without the safety net in place.
Inspiring... Same goes for GUI assistive code editors.. you can only work
withing the safety net.