[Chugalug] gedit vs geany

DaWorm daworm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 00:31:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Sean Brewer <seabre986 at gmail.com> wrote:

> vim.

I still haven't figured out how to exit vim when some evil app makes it
it's default configuration editor, much less use it to edit something.  It
may be the greatest editor of all time, but the learning curve isn't so
much of a curve as an insurmountable cliff.  By the time I could figure out
how to do something simple in it, I could download and try 20 other
editors.  Of course I can't understand regex either, which may be related.
My brain isn't quite that symbolic.  Looks like someone hit random number
keys with the shift stuck to me.

If you know it, great!  But unless you have a lot of free time, it isn't
going to be very productive for a while.

My $0.02, and I'm sure I'll get bashed over it.  I don't have a lot of geek
cred to lose anyway.  Half the time I just install PSPad under Wine so that
I have the same editor at work (Win7) as at home (Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Lubuntu
plus whatever other distro of the week I'm playing with).

Jeff.