[Chugalug] [OT] Cisco is possibly selling Linksys

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:32:27 UTC 2012

Yeah, I don't really like their products, so far the only product that was
worth anything was the WRT54G series, nothing else.

Different revisions of a same card having different chipsets, from
different manufacturers made finding drivers EXTREMELY difficult, you
didn't know to take down the revision number until you've built up the
host, installed the OS and started to install drivers.

Now my favored brands in the home networking class are Netgear and D-Link.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:23 AM, William Wade <willm.wade at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Linksys quality did rise after the purchase. It was a good thing for
> Linksys and a bad thing for Cisco.
>

> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Stephen Kraus <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-16/cisco-said-to-hire-barclays-to-sell-linksys-division.html
>>
>> Not that I'll miss them, I didn't like Linksys as much as Netgear or
>> D-Link. CISCO always did better with their corporate end networking
>> equipment anyways.

episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)