[Chugalug] Richard Stallman and open source

Rod-Lists rod-lists at epbfi.com
Sat Dec 15 16:30:17 UTC 2012

My understanding is that RMs simply saying that you ought to be able to use electronic systems without proprietary bits being involved.
That is a position of choice. One most of us even in the linux world can not often do because proprietary drivers.
And let's face it, the move of computing to mobiles and tablet does endanger the freedom we were given during the microcomputer revolution.