[Chugalug] Richard Stallman and open source

Stephen Kraus ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 00:17:38 UTC 2012

I don't think making money off your code will ever be an issue, companies
hire you to program, what code you use to do it is less of there concern
beyond maybe which language you use.

We all know its a fools errand to ask programmers to work for free, but
Stallman has a point: Companies shouldn't be allowed to copyright
individual bits of codes, a whole program? Sure, but copyrighting
individual lines and statements is like copyrighting the English language
sentence by sentence.