[Chugalug] Richard Stallman and open source

Bret McHone dbmchone at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:43:27 UTC 2012

Dedication to a single cause at the expense of everything else in life can be looked at in a number of ways. It just depends on how you as an individual see his ideals and the method he goes about trying to achieve his goals.

One thing that and I can't wrap my head is around him being anti-children because of their impact on the environment?! wtf man… If you just don't want children, that's one thing.. But there is no possible way to calculate an individual's impact on the environment.. Though I have to admit it does comfort me a little that he's choosing to let his lineage die with him. Maybe we should direct him to http://www.vhemt.org/ to seal the deal.. (Voluntary Human Extinction Movement for those who are unaware)   I wonder if they use only free software. hmmmm….

-B